Recent investment in equipment and new factory facilities is mirrored in Roles' investment in its employees. Each year the company engages at least one new apprentice to work alongside our experienced, time-served engineers.
Roles recognises the value of training and maintaining a skilled workforce. This is essential, as the company's reputation for quality relies entirely on the skill and commitment of its staff.
In order to maintain this level of excellence, Roles develops its apprentices through college and practical experience towards NVQ level 3, HNC and HND standards.
This rigorous training policy ensures that Roles recruit committed young people to join the existing team of highly qualified CNC programmers, who pride themselves on working to fine tolerances within the company's quality system.
Having a permanent skilled workforce means no sub-contracting, and standards are never compromised.
In 2004 the company's strict adherence to standards of quality was recognised when it was awarded the prestigious BS EN ISO 900: 2000.
Roles Precision's continuous investment in high quality, precise machine tools ensures customer requirements are exceeded.
Our current list includes:
• Declam/Feature Cam Computer Aided Manufacturing
• CNC Turning up to 700mm diameter x 1Mt
• CNC Machining up to 2.5Mt Y 1.0 Z 0.8Mt
• Conventional Turning up to 300mm diameter
• 1 x Doosan Puma 480
• 1 x Doosan Puma 3100LY with C & Y axis and driven tools
• 1 x Doosan Puma 2600 M lathe with C axis and driven tools
• 1 x Nakamura TW30 Twin Spindle with C axis and driven tools
• 1 x Nakamura TW20 Twin Spindle with C axis and driven tools
• 1 x Hitachi Seiki Lathe with sub spindle and driven tools
• 1 x Mazak Quickturn 15N
• 1 x Harrison M300 lathe fitting with digital readout
CNC Machining Centres
• 2 x Doosan DNM 650 Vertical Machining Centres with forth axis
• 1 x Cincinnati Sabre VMC x 1250 Y660 with forth axis
• 1 x Kia H40 Twin Pallet Horizontal Machining Centre
• 1 x Correa CF22 Ram Type
• 1 x XYZ Pro2000 Mill fited with 3 axis digital readout
• 1 x Tesa Micro 455 Co-ordinate Measuring Machine
• 1 x Mitutoyo LH600 Linear Height Gauge
• 1 x Taylor Hobson Profile Projector
We have a highly skilled workforce, operating the latest high-tech machinery to provide the following services: